Do you also want to stay at home longer? That’s how you do that!
Many elderly people prefer to spend their old days at home as long as possible. But how can you do this? We already give some tips here.
- Avoid falls
You do not have to start making large costs immediately, but start with small things, such as:
– removing carpets to avoid falls
– put a sturdy slipper or shoe on your feet
– provide sufficient light points in the house (small lights, automatic lighting, …)
– place everything you need, on a shelf at shoulder height
- Provide some tools in-house
Go inside a home care store and marvel at how many tools are already on the market to make life easier.
- Persons alarm system
To get help quickly in case of an accident, a personal alarm system is already a step in the right direction. When you need someone, you can press a transmitter button, where they immediately notify a control panel. The control panel in turn then informs the specified contact person (neighbors, children, family member, …)
- Have someone live in your home
To really be completely comfortable, you can also let someone live in your home. This person will help you where necessary in your general day tasks, allowing you to live independently for